It's taken me 30 years, but I think I'm finally starting to learn my lesson. Putting things off only means that it will usually take twice as long to do a task if your procrastinate than if you would have done it right away. While at work, I'm usually prompt, responsive, and get things done, I'm not quite that way in my personal life. I tend to let mail pile, dishes set, and leave written cards unmailed. What this means, in addition to my mail not going out in a timely fashion, is a frustrated night spent cleaning crusted food off dishes and determining which mail is relevant and which can get shredded. The same applies to this blog
When I first started this blog, I did so to keep family and friends informed of our honeymoon (sans salacious details, of course). Once I got into the blogging habit, I thought this was surely something to stay. Wrong! Life gets in the way, I was uninspired to blog, I didn't have exciting trips to write about, and the excuses continued. Then I realized that I haven't been living in a cave since our honeymoon and that I, in fact, had plenty of exciting adventures to write about. However, summing up a year-and-a-half's worth of travels, excursions and excitement would take quite some time. Yet, I don't want them to go unblogged. That said, I'll do the best I can to honor the past 18 months by my "Best of 2011-ish" blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment